General discussion

Windows 2000 Professional

By orosas ·
When setting up a workstation with windows 2000 Pro I set up the user with User Group rights. I install a software logged on as the administrator, then I configure the software under admin, I am able to bring up data. Then I log in as the user and then I try to run the software and It runs but when I try pulling up some data, It never comes up, I get a blank page with no data. I log back in as the admin and It brings the data just fine.I also tried installed the software logged in as the user and then just entered the admin name and password, but when I try pulling up the data It comes up blank.Is there another way to install software being logged in as the user??...Help!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by glenfahan In reply to Windows 2000 Professional

The easy answer, while unorthodox, is to bump up the users' rights to the necessary level and install the software logged in as the user. I have not encountered this problem, and you did not mention what software you are installing so this is the best I can offer. If you still have the problem after resetting the user rights, the data could be located in a folder the user does not have rights to.

Collapse -

by orosas In reply to Windows 2000 Professional

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by bohicam1 In reply to Windows 2000 Professional

Have you tried browsing for the data? Most likely it is located in the administrators "my documents" folder. Windows2000 has a nasty habit of saving everything by default to the current users documents folder unless you save it elsewhere. Log back in as admin and make sure it is there, then set the permissions for other domain users to access it.
good luck!

Mike

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)