Question

Windows 2000 Professional - Toshiba Satellite 4090XCDT

By harvey1292 ·
Hey guys. I'm new here and would really appreciate some friendly advice. My dad works with removals and recently did a job at an old office, and was given an old Toshiba Satellite 4090XCDT laptop with Windows 2000 Professional installed on it. I was really looking forward to having a go on it as I usually just use Windows XP, until I found that when it came to the classic log on screen it wouldn't let me log on. I dont know any of the usernames or passwords for it, and the Guest account has been disabled. There are three things it gives me the option of logging on to: 'BDGLAP005 (this computer)' , 'LONDON' and 'STE1' I'm already guessing that the only thing possible to log on to is 'BDGLAP005 (this computer)', as the other two were servers used by the old company or something. When the log on screen first comes up after booting the laptop, the username loads up already filled in with 'administrator', so I don't know if that means anything. Either way I've tried logging on to everything with this username, but I don't know the password and it doesn't accept blank. I have also tried geting on to it via safe mode, but that also just comes up with the log on screen. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to overide the password or something so that I can get on with actually using the laptop. Please explain fully how to do things if any of you have a solution. Also I would just like to let you know that I am not up to anything I shouldn't be just because I'm a student, everything I've told you is genuine and I just need help. Many thanks in advance,
Josh

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

W2K works exactly the same way as XP does at least when

by OH Smeg In reply to Windows 2000 Professional ...

It comes to Password Protected User Accounts. If the BDGLAP005 is the the Admin Account as it says it is then that is the Main Account with all privileges the other may be restricted Accounts so work with the Admin Account.

As for cracking the Password contact Toshiba or M$ as they are the correct places to go to for this. Alternatively if you have the 2000 Install Disc you could reinstall W2K and wipe any data off the HDD so that you do not access any Company Information and end up in trouble.

As for listing Cracking Options here it's not done as this is a Public Forum that anyone can read, as a result of that we don't provide Cracking/Hacking tips as that will lead to the increase in Criminal Activity even if the person asking the question isn't involved. TR Questions are a Resource for many to find a solution to problems so they stay put for effectively ever and are available to anyone to read.

Col

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)