General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows 2000 Remote Admin Tools

by shanghai sam ·

I am trying to remove the remote Administration tools from a W2k Pro workstation that is being repurposed. I removed the Windows 2000 Administration tools from Add/Remove programs in the control panel. However, Internet Service Manager, Distributed File System and Routing and Remote access still remained in Admin tools for the workstation. I deleted those three snap-ins but now everytime I open the admin tools and click on Computer Management I get a pop-up message:

Internet Service Manager No administerable services found.

I would like to be get rid of this. Help anyone?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by dc1 ·

In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Admin Tools

reinstall/uninstall IIS. Computer Management has a Internet Services Manager portion to it under the services section. If you do not want to go that route create a custom MMC instead of using Computer Management.

by pan 13 x ·

In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Admin Tools

I would say that you should rate your others question out,,,, there then some one may help you!!!!
      Every one who see this….. the user has 1458
      unrated questions. HE HASN”T accepted or rejected a single one. I hate free loaders and techRepublic should delete this account and not give access back. People like you are the reason there are such words like .. “slacker” and “worstless”

Viewing 1 reply thread