General discussion

Windows 2000 Securities

By deerek11 ·
I have a windows 2000 on this machine on the network is there a way in 2000 I can control who log on this system on the network. I can allow only a few users to log on this machine and others be resticted.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Securities

by Butthammer99 In reply to Windows 2000 Securities

Anyone logging onto this system has to have a user ID and password assigned by someone else with administrative rights. If you click, Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, and choose Computer Managment. You get a window with several options, chooseLocal Users and Groups and click the "+" sign. Then choose Users, open guests and disable the account. Create an account for yourself and anyone else you want to have acces to the machine.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Securities

by deerek11 In reply to Windows 2000 Securities

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Securities

by leon_guerrero In reply to Windows 2000 Securities

answer 1 takes care of local users, but since your on a network you may have domain users with access to your computer as well. Expand groups under computer management\local users and groups and check what accounts are in the administrators, backup operators, guests, power users, replicator, and user groups. Any accounts listed in the above mentioned groups will be able to logon to your machine. remove the accounts you don't want and add or leave the one's you do want to allow.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Securities

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Securities

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)