General discussion

Windows 2000 server

By sameer_adhikari ·
Hi All,

I have 2 question for which need you help.

1. Can we take print out of nos. fo user in Windows 2000 server ?
2. Did we have any setting by which user a/c will be automaticly locked up after specific period ?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Sameer Adhikari

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by d'solve IT In reply to Windows 2000 server

Hi Sameer,

1. Yes, you can.
Right click My Computer icon on the 2000 server desktop and clik manage. Expand the Local Users and Groups on the left panel in the mmc console. Highlight the Users icon on the left panel and click Action | Export list. This will prompt you to save the list as a text file to a location of your choice. Now open this text file and print it.

2. Yes, you can.
Open the mmc (as mentioned above). Select the user you want to lock up, right click to check the properties. In the General Tab, ennsure that the Passowrd never expires is not checked. Also check to see if the User Cannot Change password is checked. Now go to Administrative Tools, and double click Local Security Policy. Expand Account Policy and then select Password Policy from the left panel. Double click Maximum Password age on the right panel. This is in number of days. After the number of days are over, the user would be required to change his.her password. Now, as you have the User can't change password enabled, the account will effectively lock up til the administrator enables it.

I assume that this is Windows 2000 server without Active Directory implemented. If this is Win2K with AD, the method is slightly different. Do let me know.

Good Luck.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)