General discussion

Windows 2000 server

By jsarinana ·
I had 4 NT servers and 29 client (Win2000 prof. and Win98 clients) and 6 NAS file servers. I have 26 users. I migrated 2 NT Domain servers over to Windows 2000 server. Everything works fine, one of my Win 2000 is running DHCP, DNS and WINS. When I purchased the Windows 2000 upgrade I paid for 30 Open Bus. Windows CAL 2000 Engish OLP NL. All users usallay work days only and are logged in on their own computer most of the day. I keep getting 202 License Service event errors on one of the Win 2000servers. When I check this server my Lic mode is set at Per Seat and shows 38 reached. Question Do I need more lic ? and how do you add more lic. to a per seat setup ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 server

by timwalsh In reply to Windows 2000 server

You don't need more licenses. Sometimes Windows will grab additional licenses when a user has multiple open connections. Sometimes a process running on a client computer will grab a license for itself in addition to the one for the logged on user.

Easy fix: Turn off and disable the License Logging Service. There is no requirement (either legally or from Microsoft) for you to run it. With the number of connected clients you have, there is no practical reason (in my view) to run the service.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 server

by jsarinana In reply to Windows 2000 server

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Windows 2000 server

by jsarinana In reply to Windows 2000 server

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)