General discussion

Windows 2000 Server crash

By cyntomcomputer ·
I'm running Windows 2000 Server opt pk 2 on AMD 1.2ghz, 256 pc100 ram, 2 Western Digital HD's in mirror image as a member server on a small network. Every night the server "freezes". There is no apparent outside power problem, I have a 7 min ups set up. I have disabled all power scheme's in bios and os. During the day when network is active, there are no problems. Event viewer does not help.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tom

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Paul D. Masley In reply to Windows 2000 Server crash

I have ran into this with the AMD chip, but under a diferent circumstance.

Open up the server bios and disable both the sleep and doze modes. You want the server accessable at all time. You do not want the lan, keyboard, mouse or any other devices to wake it. In other word, diable all wake routines. Do not even let the monitor sleep, until you locate the problem area. Then, you can reset the monitor. Also, 256 mg of ram on W2K is asking for minor problems during day use. I suggest upping this to at least 512. Also, certified server memory from PNY and Kingston is now quite cheap and well worth it.

I am using a setup similar to yours except I am running a PIII 800 and found the memory needed a boost.

Paul.

Collapse -

by cyntomcomputer In reply to Windows 2000 Server crash

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by cyntomcomputer In reply to Windows 2000 Server crash

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums