General discussion
March 12, 2003 at 09:48 AM
jgallihe

windows 2000 server io performance

by jgallihe . Updated 23 years, 7 months ago

Does anyone know if Windows 2000 Server has a bottleneck of only being able to serve 1 IO to a lun at a time? We are running sqlserver on a 2000 server box and when I am looking at perfmon, I often many ios in the average disk queue length. Most of the literature I have read states that if you have more than 2 IOs in your disk queue length, you are probably experiencing an io bottle neck. My lun (drive) is a raid 5 set of 6 10k ultrascsi2 disks on a San. My san does not “seem” to be anywhere near taxed, that’s why I’m wondering if it is windows not being able to push to the lun.

This discussion is locked

All Comments