General discussion

Windows 2000 Server security policies

By ras_jigga ·
How do you implement security polices in windows 2000 Server

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by praveen4t In reply to Windows 2000 Server secur ...

Hi,
Can you pls be specific, you want to implement a local policy or a group policy..

Praveen

Collapse -

by praveen4t In reply to Windows 2000 Server secur ...

Hi,
Can you pls be specific, you want to implement a local policy or a group policy..

kiran

Collapse -

security policies

by tyya44 In reply to Windows 2000 Server secur ...

hi
there r 2 types of group policy:local and group policy.these policies define what a user can do.policies may control user rights to log on to a server locally or to shut a server down.policies may control wether the run cmd is found in the strt menu and what wallpaper is present on the desktop.

for instance for a local policy follow these steps:
1)start
2)prgm
3)admin tools
4)local security policy
then choose between account policy,local policy,public key policy and ip security policy.
just go through these policies am sure they will help. drop a line if u get stuck

Collapse -

I have problem with access to shared fil

by razzaghi_m In reply to security policies

I have problem with access from the internal network to shared files in a Windows 2000 domain.
When users or domain users log on to a win2k prof. workstation they do not have access to the shared files and directories on the server. by double clicking on the server icon in my network places the following message appears:

user is not granted to access because a logon type failure on this macine

I have checked security settings and share permission on server and also "access to this macine from the network" in "local security policy" and all settings are OK. Can anyone help me

Back to IT Employment Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)