General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by ittech2 ·

I have a server, with two nic cards in it. Last week, it began to act funky/flaky. I rebooted the machine. WHen it came backup, the system was real slow. I rebooted again, and got the same results.

Now when I go into any network properties it just sits there and does not respond back – not even with an error code. I’ve checked the event log, no errors.

If I attempt to stop or start a service, it hangs and tells me error 1053 – service timed out.

I’m stumped on this one – anyone have any ideas????

Thanks
    bdonals@martorfarms.com

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by faisalmasood ·

In reply to Windows 2000 Server SPK3

Try to check the adaptor binding settings. Right clik Network Neighbourhood > Properties Then goto Advanced menu & select Advanced Settings. Make sure that you local Area Connection is on top. Also check the IP/DNS settings of Adapters.

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by ittech2 ·

Unable to get into the network properties in any way or form.

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by jeremy the it guy ·

Let’s start by getting to your task manager and sorting the processes by Memory Usage. It seems like something is taking alot of your resources leaving you with problems. Is there away that you could take a screen shot of your task manager with the processes order from highest memory usage to the lowest and email it to me at jwhitlock@starprecision.com Thanks, Jeremy

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by jeremy the it guy ·

After evaluation, it turned out that lsass.exe was consuming a huge amount of memory and processor power leading me to believe that one of the services/programs that lsass.exe controlled/monitored was corrupt. My assumption was correct and a repaired installation fixed the problem. Brenda, if you ever need anything, let me know. Jeremy

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by ittech2 ·

Thanks Jeremy. The repair did work. What a life saver. Your the best. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to ever re-pay your time.

Thanks.

Brenda

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by mike @ geeks! ·

First of all, what is the server’s primary function? SQL, Proxy, Web, Exchange or just file and print?

I have seen 1053 errors in relation to SQL/Oracle but knowing more about your server will certainly help. Also, are running Active Directory?

One last Q: Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what brand/version.

Not trying to be a pain; more info will help nail down your problem 🙂

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by ittech2 ·

This server is a Terminal Server, two nic cards one external and one internal static ip address (non-dhcp), service pack 3. AV is Trend Antivirus

Windows 2000 Server SPK3

by ittech2 ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 3 reply threads