General discussion

Windows 2000 SP4 Printing Problem

By ekyu ·
I was upgrading my windows 2000 print server which was in SP3 to SP4. After applying the SP4, all of my users can not print to the network printers. In the server system event log, the following was recorded: The document xxx owned by xxx failed to print. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 3003 (0xbbb). Event ID:61, Source: Print. I have to restored to SP3. Anyone had experienced the same thing can share with me the solution?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Power Natto In reply to Windows 2000 SP4 Printing ...

The printers need to be deleted and re-added in server and in all the workstations. If that doesn't help you might need to remove and re-install the drivers as well. I have found W2K rather fussy about printers and usually simply deleting and re-adding the printer on the stations solves the issue.

Collapse -

by Joseph Moore In reply to Windows 2000 SP4 Printing ...

Did you check the Security tab on the printers on this Win2K SP4 machine? Does the Everyone group still have Print rights?
Maybe the SP4 upgrade changed the Security on the printer rights on the server??? It didn't do that to my SP4 print servers, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)