General discussion

Windows 2000 Start-up

By hube ·
Help! Each day when I boot my PC Explorer presents me with the My Documents window. I don't want it to auto open this window and cannot figure out what I did to make this happen much less how to make it go away.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Start-up

by cfrush In reply to Windows 2000 Start-up

Check that that isn't in any of the startup folders -- yours or all users. Profile paths are like nt 4.0 except you substitute the winnt folder with "documents and settings." (c:\documents and settings\username\startup\programs\startup. Look in the registry key hkey local machine\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Start-up

by hube In reply to Windows 2000 Start-up

Nothing in either of the places suggested by cfrush works. Upon further investigation I have discovered that this only happens if I logon to the workstation and to the Novell 5 network at the same time. If I logon to one and then the other it doesnot happen. It happens to ANY user who logs on to this particular machine. Since I have another machine and use the same NetWare logon there and the problem does not occur on that machine my assumption is that it's not Netware or client related since both machines run the same client. sign me mystified.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Start-up

by Ann777 In reply to Windows 2000 Start-up

Does this machine that your are loging into, have explorer in the startup or logon script?

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Start-up

No it's still doing it! I simply gave up and close it every day after the system boots up.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Start-up

by Ann777 In reply to Windows 2000 Start-up

Maybe it's at the local level then. Do you have anything in the startup folder... like a shortcut that may be opening a shortcut to "My Documents"?

Another thing you might check is the Run, Run Once, etc. portion of the registry. There may bea shortcut there.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Start-up

I believe this to be a Netware problem since it only happens when I logon to the server and workstation. If I only logon to the workstation it does not occur.

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)