General discussion

Windows 2000 Terminal Server Login Issue

By tmulligan ·
I am trying to bring up a second metaframe server. i ghosted the old one so I can keep the same settings and onloy change the metaframe farm name. unfortuneatley after i ghost the new server I can't login. I put in the user name and password and I start the login process, but am immediatley logged out. I tried several different users and logged in locally. I have the same result. I tried to logon from the citrix client and get the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas. I don't want to start the box from scratch.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tmulligan In reply to Windows 2000 Terminal Ser ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by evkuo In reply to Windows 2000 Terminal Ser ...

I'm not sure why it does that, but I'd try logging in locally in safe mode or without networking support and see if that works. Also, I'd map a drive to the new server and have a look at the files, startup, and registry (via regedit if it lets me) to see if anything is critically wrong. You can also attach remotely via Computer Management and check the Event Logs, too.
Hope this helps!

Collapse -

by tmulligan In reply to Windows 2000 Terminal Ser ...

I tired all that. I am unable to access the logs or the local drive. No matter who I connect as I can't get into the box. I am goign crazy. I will probably just rebuild it.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)