General discussion

Windows 2000 unexpected login error

By cindym ·
I have a windows 2000 professional pc with the netware client loaded, and after trying to install Outlook 2000, I now cannot login to the pc. When I enter my login and password, I get the message "unexpected login error 3221225659" When I cancel past the login, I get the windows login, with the same error. I also tried to login to the workstation only, and I get the message "The system cannot log you on now because the domain C-517 is not available" (C-517 is the workstation name). How do I get past the login to boot this pc?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BuffaloDan In reply to Windows 2000 unexpected l ...

Try Booting the workstation in safe mode by pressing F8, you can start workstation without network support. (you will still need to login as supervisor to the workstation, but no domain, workgroup or mail services will start when logging in this way)

Then from control panel, Administrative tools, you may examine and adjust what was done to your Network configuration and user logins from here.
I suspect that outlook may be attempting to automatically connect to the mail service, without having an autheticated netowrk login.
You can also adjust outlook's behaviour while in safe mode, preventing it from automatically starting up at boot.

Good luck....

Collapse -

by BuffaloDan In reply to Windows 2000 unexpected l ...

You can start the win2k setup process again, setup wizard will offer you an option to repair an existing win2k installation, try this....you will be asked to re-enter network specifics again....

Collapse -

by cindym In reply to Windows 2000 unexpected l ...

Poster rated this answer

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)