General discussion

Windows 2000 Video

By Michael34 ·
Ok my problem is this. I have a labtop with a S3 Savage /IX video card. Now when I try to play AVI's (Using and codex) it don't show up in Windows Media Player 9. Now If I max Windows Media Player I see it, and it is at the bottom right but only 1/4of the clip is there, the rest is cut off. The video Clips are 320 X 240 resolution and I have tested it on Several other computers and they work fine, also I have tryed other media players and they do the same thing. The audio works great, its justthe video. Anyone have any clues what is causing this and how I can fix it?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Video

by TheChas In reply to Windows 2000 Video

I would begin by installing the latest S3 drivers for your video chip.

http://www.s3graphics.com/index.html

They have an identity tool that you can download and run to assure that you get the correct file.

Next, you may need to update DirectX in order to have WMP 9 function properly.

Another issue could be the amount of RAM in your laptop, and how much is available for the video system.

Chas

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Video

by Michael34 In reply to Windows 2000 Video

Hey thanks alot, I installed the new driver, and when it re-loaded it took me to the blue screen, so I had to go into safe mode and remove the video card. When Win 2000 Pro re-booted, I had to reinstall the video card using the CD, and now my video's work like they are supposed to, so if it was'nt for you, I would have never uninstalled my Video Driver and Reinstalled it. Thanks for the help. I guess the driver must have been messed up.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Video

by Michael34 In reply to Windows 2000 Video

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)