General discussion

WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

By adesmak ·
I am the IT Personnel of Steelscreen Limited, London ofice with 15 users. We have just installed Watchguard SOHO Internet Security on our office Network (Using a 2MB leased line) in London using Windows 2000 VPN to connect to our VPN Server running Windows 2000 Server in Stockholm. Since this installation, I find out that users sometimes have to relaunch their VPN connection in order to send & receive email and browsing is never a problem.
I have checked the configuration and everything is correct.
Can you help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

by shmaltz In reply to WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

As I understand your question: all users log on to the VPN server in order to connect to the remote network.
I whould suggest changing this so that only a server logs on to the remote network and then create a..., I dont know what it is called in windows 2000 but in NT it was called trust relationship.
That way the users will be able to connect all the time to the remote network.

Collapse -

WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

by adesmak In reply to WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

This is exactlty how our Network is setup. The main problem is that every time users try to send/receive email, they have to relaunch the VPN connection again and again. DO YOU KNOW WHY?

Collapse -

WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

by shmaltz In reply to WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

Where is the email server located? Is it on the internet or on one of the local sites?

Collapse -

WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

by adesmak In reply to WINDOWS 2000 VPN PROBLEM

Thanks again for your response.Like I did mention in my first question that the Exchange Server and the Web Server are both located in Stckholm, Sweden.

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)