Question

windows 2003

By mishwine ·
I legally purchased windows 2003 and just bought a new computer and it won't let me install my software. It keeps telling me:

'YOU MUST ACCEPT THE END-USER AGREEMENT (eula) TO USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT, THIS APPLICATION WILL QUIT"

Is there a way around this since I purchased the software?

Thank you,Michele

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Accept it

by NormH3 In reply to windows 2003

There should be a tick that will allow you to ACCEPT.

Collapse -

As Norm has said

by Jacky Howe In reply to windows 2003

Michele, read the EULA and except it. If you don't accept it it will not install. It is standard practice with these products.
<i>Keep us informed as to your progress if you require further assistance.</i>
<br><br>
<i>If you think that any of the posts that have been made by all TR Members, have solved or contributed to solving the problem, please Mark them as <b>Helpful</b> so that others may benefit from the outcome.
</i>

Collapse -

Accept/Activate

by mishwine In reply to As Norm has said

I have accepted the end-user agreement yet this agreement keeps popping up when I am in Word or Email (Outlook).

Am I suppose to activate my existing software some how, some way?

Collapse -

OK, it's Office 2003

by Jacky Howe In reply to Accept/Activate

You will have to run an Office application once as Administrator. Right-click on the Winword.exe shortcut or the actual .exe file and choose "Run as Administrator". Click "Continue" in the UAC dialog. The EULA information should properly be registered.

You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202

<i>If you think that any of the posts that have been made by all TR Members, have solved or contributed to solving the problem, please Mark them as <b>Helpful</b> so that others may benefit from the outcome.
</i>

Collapse -

Try...

by MAEX In reply to windows 2003

...calling Microsoft.

I've heard that they provide support free of charge for issues regarding licensing and activation.

Collapse -

Windows 2003

by mishwine In reply to Try...

Thank you, I will give it a try.

Collapse -

by Jacky Howe In reply to windows 2003

Will, I really have to "accept" the end-user agreement EVERYTIME I open Word and Outlook?

Not if you follow the instructions that I have provided. It is probably because you are logged on with a standard User Account that you are getting these messages.

Collapse -

winword.exe

by mishwine In reply to Reply

can you tell me where to find winword.exe shortcut?

Collapse -

winword.exe

by mishwine In reply to Reply

would I find winword.exe in my control panel in programs?

Collapse -

Open Windows Explorer

by Jacky Howe In reply to winword.exe

and navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 and scroll to the bottom if it is sorted alphabetically. Right mouse click on winword.exe and select Run As, tick the box to the left of The following user: Type in Administrator if it isn't already selected and type in the password and click OK.

Please do not use Private Messaging to ask technical questions, keep it on TechRepublic so everyone will have access to it.</i>

Back to Software Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next