Question

Windows 2003 and Connecting Users To It

By jendmc ·
I have a Win2K3 server I'm trying to setup to be our new file server, replacing Novell 5.1. I have setup 4 virtual drives, 3 of which will be the same drive letters as the ones used on our 2 Novell servers. A couple of apps require this, but it's mostly been done so as not to confuse users. My problem is that I can't seem to Authenticate any users that are not administrators on my Windows Server even though it's a domain controller and they are in Active Directory. I can see them on every A.D. server in my organization. I'm using the 'net use' command to map the drives but it won't authenticate my users; it just doesn't map. It works for me, an administrator. I've been testing this on the one drive that is new in Windows server, that does not have an equivalent in Novell. All Windows drives have normal sharing. The users of that drive have NTFS permissions for their domain accounts, although they are not logging into the domain. There workstation is connected to the domain, but they are not using their domain accounts. Shouldn't they still be able to map the drive?

TIA,
Jennifer

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)