General discussion

Windows 2003 / Bexec 9.1 / Exchange 2003

By Jeff Charland ·
I have bexec 9.1 and e2k3 running on a win2k3 DC. When I try to create the bexec service account, bexec tells me that the account must be added to the local admin group. Am I blind? I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere? Please help.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to Windows 2003 / Bexec 9.1 ...

I'm using the BackupExec but I don't have an additional account.
I think that you must change the related services to "log on as - DomainName\AdminName" and enter the password for this account.
If you want to use a seperate account, create it and also add it to the admin group and then use it for the BackupExec's services.

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to

The services need an admin account to run. BackupExec don't create this account, you must create it or use an existing one.

Collapse -

by Jeff Charland In reply to

All the services have been changed to the new credentials and restarted. As well, the account has been given full Exchange administrator rights. I can backup/restore without a problem. Problems start when I'm trying to select exchange mailboxes/public folders.

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to Windows 2003 / Bexec 9.1 ...

You don't define very well your question.
This is other problem.

I suppose that you have the:
Backup Exec,Windows NT/2000,Microsoft Exchange Agent,v8.6,Full Package.
Right?

You can post comments for additional info!

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to

If you have this package, it must be installed/pushed to the Exchange server.

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to

The Exchange Agent is a seperate options/pack. Do you have it or not?

Collapse -

by Jeff Charland In reply to Windows 2003 / Bexec 9.1 ...

let me add some details to this.
Windows 2003 Server running Active Directory
Exchange 2003 and Backup Exec v9.1 rev 46**.

After modifying the service account selection by using the bexec logon account wizard, I get a message saying that the specified account needs to be added to the local admin group. This group does not exist on a DC. How do I get around this problem? Other symptoms include receiving an 'access denied' error message (I've already been to veritas's web site and read at aleast a dozen issues related to this and none have helped me) when I try to select either the backup exchange mailboxes or the backup exchange public folders.

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)