General discussion

Windows 2003 / Bexec 9.1 / Exchange 2003

By Jeff Charland ·
I have bexec 9.1 and e2k3 running on a win2k3 DC. When I try to create the bexec service account, bexec tells me that the account must be added to the local admin group. Am I blind? I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere? Please help.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to Windows 2003 / Bexec 9.1 ...

I'm using the BackupExec but I don't have an additional account.
I think that you must change the related services to "log on as - DomainName\AdminName" and enter the password for this account.
If you want to use a seperate account, create it and also add it to the admin group and then use it for the BackupExec's services.

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to

The services need an admin account to run. BackupExec don't create this account, you must create it or use an existing one.

Collapse -

by Jeff Charland In reply to

All the services have been changed to the new credentials and restarted. As well, the account has been given full Exchange administrator rights. I can backup/restore without a problem. Problems start when I'm trying to select exchange mailboxes/public folders.

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to Windows 2003 / Bexec 9.1 ...

You don't define very well your question.
This is other problem.

I suppose that you have the:
Backup Exec,Windows NT/2000,Microsoft Exchange Agent,v8.6,Full Package.
Right?

You can post comments for additional info!

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to

If you have this package, it must be installed/pushed to the Exchange server.

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to

The Exchange Agent is a seperate options/pack. Do you have it or not?

Collapse -

by Jeff Charland In reply to Windows 2003 / Bexec 9.1 ...

let me add some details to this.
Windows 2003 Server running Active Directory
Exchange 2003 and Backup Exec v9.1 rev 4691.

After modifying the service account selection by using the bexec logon account wizard, I get a message saying that the specified account needs to be added to the local admin group. This group does not exist on a DC. How do I get around this problem? Other symptoms include receiving an 'access denied' error message (I've already been to veritas's web site and read at aleast a dozen issues related to this and none have helped me) when I try to select either the backup exchange mailboxes or the backup exchange public folders.

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)