General discussion

Windows 2003 fax server

By wdewey ·
I have a windows 2003 server setup with the fax server component working except that on a number of local fax machines I get a "Line quality bad" error. I am guessing that the issue is with the modem I am using with my server, but replacing it isn't in the budget. Does anyone know if there is a way to force the fax server to send it anyway, or ignore this error? Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Windows 2003 fax server

If it is working on some lines but not others I would first be looking at the lines themselves as they may be very noisy and not at all suitable for a Fax transmission.

If they are just a bit noisy you should be able to alter the limit of the fax module in 2003 to accept a greater amount of noise like the security options in 2003 . Failing that I would be replacing the lead between the modem and wall socket and maybe even pulling the wall socket and having a look at that as I've seen a few go bad. It could be full of spider webs and the like which is causing the problem.

Try the cheap & obvious things first before wanting to spend any money on hardware that may be unnecessary.

Col

Back to Desktop Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)