Question

Windows 2003 R2 STD SAN 6TB drive

By MRTech40 ·
I have trouble using a 6TB disk drive created in a SAN and connected with MS iSCSI, mapped, logged, created persistent and mount it. The SAN has both read and write access as default. Within the Disk management I can see the drive but show unreadable. The only options when I right-click ar help and properties, which ar the devie properties. All drivers seem installed, no alerts, exclamation marks or any of that. Is it possible that the physical drive is too big? I can't find any documentation that states that anywhere in Microsoft or Google...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

SAN Drive

by BFilmFan In reply to Windows 2003 R2 STD SAN 6 ...

It isn't too big. What software are you using to reach the SAN volumes?

You can't simply connect to a SAN drive by putting in some some HBA cards and hook them to the SAN and it's off to the races...

Collapse -

SAN Drive

by MRTech40 In reply to SAN Drive

Interesting question. Please note there is no HBA cards, it is all copper Gb. I deleted the large volume on the SAN, and created small volumes, under 2TB. I was able to see them and successfully connect only one volume per iSCSI port. I have reached out to the manufacturer. It has to be additional software to establish that connection. The SAN is a SataBoy and I am using their Storage Manager.

Collapse -

iSCSI

by MRTech40 In reply to SAN Drive

I found another forum which indicates that the MS Initiator can handle 2TB volumes or less and it is a known issue. But I can't fins that statement in Microsoft..... I guess we will continue to wait for updates on that.

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)