General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows 2003 Remote Installation (Urgent)

by piyushmittaluts ·

I am running a Windows 2003 server (Standard Edition). I am trying to do reomte installtion servives on it. I have configured everything properly but when the setup starts on the remote machine then the remote machine give an error saying that I need to put the windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 Advance server cd in the remote drive to check whether I qualify for upgrade of this product.

What is the problem and how can I rectify it. I have made one risntrd.sif (fully automatic) file thru setupmgr.exe and allocated my image to use this file. In the GPO I have enabled only Automatic setting but all the options are displayed as active on the reomte setup screen.

Urgent as I need to install windows 2k and windows 2003 on about 50 machines in total.

Thanx in advance

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Windows 2003 Remote Installation (Urgent)

by beermonster ·

In reply to Windows 2003 Remote Installation (Urgent)

Hi,
      During the ris configuration you will have loaded the source files for the operating systems that you want to deploy with ris onto the ris server. It sounds to me like the source you loaded was upgrade media (IE a reduced cost version from microsoft designed to upgrade an existing operating system) rather than the full price RTM media designed for installation onto a new system.

Viewing 0 reply threads