Question

windows 2003 repair stuck on 34 minutes - installing devices

By elaine_hickey ·
Hi

I've been having a number of issues with a Dell Power Edge SC430 server. The initial problem was a blue screen error on reboot relating to the registry hive
Running a chkdsk /r found and fixed this issue and I was able to log onto the system
However I received an error saying that one or more services had failed and received an error message relating to the duser.dll when clicking on Administrative tools - Services , DHCP and a number of other service consoles.

To rectify this problem I booted to the Windows Cd and opened the recovery console
From here I chose the Repair option.
The Repair ran through the preliminary steps but remained stuck at the Installing stage saying it has 34 minutes to go - however it remained like this for hours.

I tried to abort the repair by shutting down and removing the cd
However when I reboot and press F12 or even F8 the screen loads to a grey screen which just says restarting setup ........

I don't seem to get any boot options or any way of getting back out of the repair cycle
How can I address this ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try this

by Jacky Howe In reply to windows 2003 repair stuck ...

The Server Assistant CD-ROM for the SC430 diagnostic utilities. They might give you an indication as to what to look for. Have you added any hardware recently.

Collapse -

When Windows hangs during the install process it is an indication

by OH Smeg In reply to windows 2003 repair stuck ...

Of faulty Hardware. Start off with pulling the RAM and reseting it and try again.

Naturally you'll need the Install CD as the system requires this to Rebuild the Install as you have deleted most of the previous install when choosing the Repair Option.

Personally I would be testing the Hardware with something like the Ultimate Boot CD before attempting to continue with the reload. When you find the real problem you then need to fix what is wrong before you can finish the Repair.

http://tinyurl.com/3jnpy

Col

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)