General discussion

Windows 2003 Server Activation

By Sameh Fouad ·
Hi, I have a question regarding the Windows 2003 Server Activation, I work in a new company, I installed 2003 standard edition on a server, and then a crash occured, so I had to install it again, and when it asked me for activation I tried but the system denoted me that the number of activation has been exceeded, I want to know how many times activation is allowed for this standard edition, and as we all know, crashes always happen with Microsoft Windows. so how can I solve this problem, cause sure I will face it again, I want to know how you deal with this issue?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by reefurbb In reply to Windows 2003 Server Activ ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/howtobuy/pricing.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/features/comparefeatures.mspx

These 2 links should give you enough IT info. It appears the standard Small Business Edition limit is 5, and upgrade to a latger license is $$$.
Good Luck dealing with MS. Note: look to see if you have a European or Foreign Edition, as MS offers "foreign info".

Collapse -

by Sameh Fouad In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Sameh Fouad In reply to Windows 2003 Server Activ ...

It's not th problem of CALs (client access licenses), the problem is after installing the windows, when it needs to be activated

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Windows 2003 Server Activ ...

Call Microsoft and they can assist you with a new activation code.

The answer is that if you change the system board, processor, memory or hard disk, you may well have to re-activate.

Collapse -

by Sameh Fouad In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Sameh Fouad In reply to Windows 2003 Server Activ ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)