General discussion

Windows 2003 server question

By e_canaan ·
Can someone help me with this issue,

I'm setting a win 2003 SB server(30 users).

I assigned some applications(i.e Outlook 2003) to be installed on some computer clients, yet when I connect to the server on the computer client the applications don't get installed.
I get connected and the pc client becomes a member of the domaine but no software installation.

For some reason, it only worked with the first client.

Do you have any idea??

I appreciate your help,

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Windows 2003 server quest ...

Did you use GPO's to assign this software?

Did you assign the GPO to where the container with the computer objects are contained?

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to Windows 2003 server quest ...

Hi

I assume you are talking about installing applications when you create the network setup disk?? I have only ever used the network setup disk to, ahem, setup the network on the client.

One thing that comes to mind though, is do you have enough licenses?

Collapse -

by e_canaan In reply to Windows 2003 server quest ...

It's when I add a new computer client using the wizzard. When I get to the "Client Applications" stage, I have 4 choices:

1.Client Oper. system service packs
2. I E. 6
3. MS outlook 2003
4. Shared fax client.

I select the MS outlook 2003, but the application doesn't install upon connection. It only installed for the firt client I setup.
(I have 30 CALs)

Thanks

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Windows 2003 server quest ...

you have to do that in GP. Not from the shared client applications folder on the SBS server.

you need a distribution point specified for sofware packages [that shared folder] and then you assign or publish those in group policy. All SBS does is create the shared folder [distribution point] in which users can navigate to and install the software. To assign them you have to use group policy.

Collapse -

by Lameei In reply to Windows 2003 server quest ...

If you want the application to get install on the client computers do the following:
1.you need to assign the APP to the computers so this will install the APP before the user log on.Also do not forget to check the checkbox that states aoutomatic installation of the APP.
ENJOY

Collapse -

by e_canaan In reply to Windows 2003 server quest ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)