General discussion

Windows 2003 shutdown problem

By jsarinana ·
When I shutdown my Windows Server 2003 I always get one or both of these End Program Menus that pop up: "End Program DDE server Windows" "End Program Microsoft Mangament Console"

When I look in event viewer I see "Event 4, source ACPI:
AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0x71), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
Another thing that is happening is that when I try to uninstall a program unistall will just hang, I tried doing it through Add & Remove programs and through the program's uninstall

Maybe related ?

Thanks/Help

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tamj123 In reply to Windows 2003 shutdown pro ...

To resolve this issue, contact your computer manufacturer or the BIOS vendor for possible updates to your computer BIOS. See MS Q317513 for more details.
OR, Disable "memory shadow" option in motherboard BIOS.

Collapse -

by tamj123 In reply to

Is the Windows NT Clipboard DDE Server you referenced to?, if yes, just set it to manual through ?Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Services? in Windows 2000/XP/2003.

Collapse -

by jsarinana In reply to
Collapse -

by jsarinana In reply to Windows 2003 shutdown pro ...

Thanks HaHa,
I just flashed my bios with a newer one and I no longer get the ACPI error in my event viewer, Thanks. But when I shutdown I still get the:
"End Program DDE server Windows" and I have to end now in order for it to shutdown. Any suggestions ? Also I can see that M.S. has an updated driver for my Nvida GeForce2 display. Maybe related to my Shadow memory ? ? ?

Any feed back would be appriciated

Collapse -

by jsarinana In reply to Windows 2003 shutdown pro ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)