Question

windows 2003 -stop 0x0000000A (0x00000010,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x805527BC)

By amitbhardwaj572 ·
I just purchase a new desktop with Intel Desktop Board DG31GL motherboard. When trying to install SERVER 2003 I get blue screen message : irql_less_or_equal

Stop code is : 0x0000000A (0x00000010,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x805527BC).

When installing Windows XP everything works perfectly.
Does this motherboard not support DG31GL at all. It's true that software compatibility list doesn't mention DG31GL, only XP and Vista.
But there must be a trick ???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Server OS less likely to support desktop boards

by seanferd In reply to windows 2003 -stop 0x0000 ...

You may be able to install driver at the beginning of the 2003 installation, but there may be nothing compatible. A server OS is likely to not support the full capabilities of a lot of hardware (graphics, sound) even when it does install.

So I suggest having copies of all your motherboard and other hardware drivers (like SATA and what have you) ready to install when setup asks.

You might also try installing with the least amount of hardware connected as possible, or even turned off or a "lower" setting chosen in BIOS.

But the error could even be caused by a RAM problem.

Mentioned elsewhere: Turn on only one core for multi-core processors in BIOS. Install with W2k3 SP1 seems to help.

Collapse -

BSOD resolved

by wrxdrifter02 In reply to Server OS less likely to ...

One of the remote offices in my company was trying to install Windows Server 2003 onto a Dell Optiplex 760 but kept getting a BSOD at around 36 minutes into the install. As I googled "server 2003 bsod" I came upon this thread. I read through your fixes and the last one, "Turn on only one core for multi-core processors in BIOS. Install with W2k3 SP1 seems to help." worked! I went into the BIOS->Performance->UNCHECKED "Enable Multi-core Support" and rebooted. As it booted back up and started the install of Server 2003 where it left off, it continued w/o any issues.

Collapse -

If this is any Help that Error Message

by OH Smeg In reply to windows 2003 -stop 0x0000 ...

Is a Unsupported Driver that is failing to install

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs&tid=a8851747-31d2-44d0-828b-315fd8e06513&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

And this M'Board may not actually support 2003 or any M$ Server application for that matter. Server OS's are far more barebones than Desktop OS's and tend to be far more choosy on what Hardware that they are installed on.

You may need to make your own Slipstreamed Install Disc here with nLite to include the correct 2003 Drivers so you can install the OS.

http://www.nliteos.com/download.html

If you do need to make a Slipstreamed Install Disc do not forget to read the Directions for use of nLite located here

http://www.nliteos.com/guides.html

You'll also need to find the 2003 Drivers to include here as the XP or Vista Drivers supplied with the M'Board may not be good enough to actually work or allow the Install to finish.

As you have XP installed I would open the Device Manager and make a List of all Installed Hardware, then look on the Web for 2003 Drivers for all of that Hardware. If you are unable to find a driver for any single device that is installed under XP then that Particular Device Will Not work under 2003. The really important things here are the Chip Set Drivers as if these are not present the OS Can Not install and the process will fall over.

Drivers.com would be a good starting point to work from for drivers.

Col

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)