General discussion

Windows 2003 Terminal Services

By jrice ·
Recentely I have noted that some Tech providers in my area are implmenting an auto reboot of Windwos 2003 Terminal Servers. This reboot is done weekly. When I asked further questions I was told that Microsoft had released some updated info that Terminal Servers should be rebooted once week. Has anybody else seen this information from Microsoft?

My concern is reboots down remotely are something that I frown on. I knnow Windows does need reboots but once a week seems rather excessive and in working with Windows Servers for the past ten years I have never needed to reboot that often. As a result of this reboot practise I have seen 2 servers that both had drive problems on reboot.

Your comments are welcome

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

With 2K Server

by jbaker In reply to Windows 2003 Terminal Ser ...

One of the clients of my former employer rebooted every night. It prevented several problems. With my currently system, I see the need for our 2K3 server (Exchange and TS) to reboot about once a week or so, but I have not been able to get the system to do so automatically. You should not have drive problems because of reboots. There is probably some other issue (underlying) that is causing this failure.

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)