Windows 2008 Terminal Services and GPO Not playing Nice

By Ontittech ·
I am having a problem with our Implimentation of Win 2K8 R2 x64 as a Citrix Server. The Problem is that the clients are losing their settings for Internet Explorer regarding the Intranet settings and Site to zone list specifically.

Out network is a child domain of a larger Win 2K8 Forest. We are running a Win 2K8 DC. The GPO responsible for applying the Intranet settings and Site to zone list are a site level GPO with everyone having access to read it.

With a freshly created Profile the GPO is applied correctly, and the Intranet settings and Site to zone list work in Internet Explorer 8, but after a period of time and the user logging out and back in the settings are lost.

If I look at RSOP for an affected user it tells me that the GPO is applied correctly, and if I look at the users registry settings on the Terminal Server it shows that the settings are there as well, but if I go into Internet Explorer the Webpage I am trying to access (Our Internal CRM Portal) shows up as being in the Internet zone and the site to zone list is empty and greyed out.

One oddity I have noticed is that in a working profile when I click on the Intranet Sites button, under Tools > Internet Options > Security > Intranet I get the screen for automatically detect Intranet network,etc, and have to click the advanced button to get to the sites list, but when I am on a profile that has lost its settings when I click on the sites button it takes me directly to the sites page which is blank and greyed out.

I have tried both with Loopback enabled and disabled, and it still does not make a difference. The problem occurs regardless if it is an RDP session to the server or a Citrix published App. a GPUpdate /Force on an affected profile will not resolve the issue either.

Currently the only way to resolve the issue is to delete the users profile and have them log in again. This is not a viable option as it means reconfiguring settings like print mappings and Outlook profiles every time the profile is deleted.

Any assistance would be greatly apprecated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)