General discussion

windows advaced server 2000

By astrocat123 ·
my printer that is hooked to a windows 98 machine on my network will not accept print jobs issued from my server like print outs of log files every thing is enabled on both machines file, print share ect.and the sever has the right print driver frombrother. this is not a full network enabled printer no nic card. but it does accept print jobs from 3 machines running windows 98. the network is hooked together with a linksys router and all 4 machines can share a internet connection and all 4 can see each other on the network . the server will not print to the printer on the 98 machine changing the printer to the server is not a option.the same machine that has windows 2000 server had windows 2000 professional on it and it did print to the 98macine with the printer. i have all 6 books from microsoft press (microsoft windows advanced 2000 server resoure guides) and they have no solution to this problem. just how to set up the server as a print server. and i am trying to configure it as astand alone web server dont need a print server on my small 4 computer network. has anyone got an answer.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

windows advaced server 2000

by RCC In reply to windows advaced server 20 ...

What does your Event log records when you try to print? Is the job sitting in the queue (on your screens left-lower corner)? If yes, what is the error showing in the Printer's queue?

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)