General discussion

windows installer error 2147287035

By BBD_ITAdmin ·
I am trying to uninstall an old version of a CAD software called Solid Edge (a 3D modeler) to install the new version. The new version will not install unless the old version is removed first. I am getting a windows installer error #2147287035, however, the Microsoft knowledge base shows this number as being related to Office XP install logs.

I am not sure why I am getting this error, but we are dead in the water on this machine until I get this fix. The first try to uninstall the old version has completely corrupted it. It will not uninstall, or reinstall.

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.

Regards,
Dennis F. Parr
Design Engineer / Network Technician
Better By Design, LLC

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Furio Giante In reply to windows installer error 2 ...

I would suggest trying to kill off the reg entries for SolidEdge, here's a link to a site with more information.

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/grp/md/cad/se/slac_se_installation_issues.html

With regedt32, do searches for "SolidEdge" and "EDS"- in case there are any hidden keys for SE under EDS. I have not had to recover a botched SE install in a while, but as I recall, I was able to overcome a similar problem w/ v7 uninstalling by doing some registry hacking. When you are removing anything from the registry, please exercise due caution; removing certain keys can kill your system. I suggest backing up the reg before you start hacking away those keys. Also make certain to run syscheck between the install and uninstall, as I recall there were some issues if we did not run it. (You may even try to run the syscheck now and see if it might not help - can't hurt). Good luck, and happy reg-hacking.

Collapse -

by Furio Giante In reply to windows installer error 2 ...

When I say syscheck, I mean the EDS Solid Edge syscheck application, in case that was not clear.

Collapse -

by BBD_ITAdmin In reply to windows installer error 2 ...

Furio,

Thank you for your input. The problem was more serious then I thought. After some testing I could not install ANY applications on the workstation in question. I got the same installer error. I tried searching and getting rid of anything SE, SolidEdge, Solid Edge, Unigraphics Solutions, UnigraphicSolutions, EDS, EDSPLMSolutions, PLM, and PLMSolutions. It did not help. I tried installing another app, or uninstalled yet another and got the same error. Basically the machine could not haveany new software installed or any old software uninstalled. The syscheck would not run... because it needed to be installed first... nice catch22 there.

The user must have installed something from the internet which had over written the windows installer with a really old version. I bit the bullet and reinstalled the OS and all of the apps.

Thank you once again for your input. I helps to know I did try everything before re-building the machine. I also helps to know that other Solid Edge users are using TechRepublic for help with windows related CAD problems (that suppport will not help you with).

Regards,
Dennis F. Parr
Better By Design

Collapse -

by BBD_ITAdmin In reply to windows installer error 2 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)