Windows Live Mail Error: 0x800CCC0F

By droberts1019 ·
Ok folks, here goes:

I, until two days ago was using Windows Mail just fine, then late at night, I started getting this error when I tried to check my emails:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Timesheet for week of 12/7/08', Account: 'Darryl & Susan Joint Account', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I started T/S the issue. To this point I have done just about everything I have found, short of reformatting the HDD. I have disabled the firewall, then uninstalled. Disabled then uninstalled AVG. Stopped all background programs but for absolute essentials. Looked for and deleted idx and mdx mail files. Tried another network. Deleted and recreated accounts. Checked settings and passwords. Switched user accounts. Went online and cleared out the inbox and outbox of all three accounts. Upgraded and installed from Windows mail to Windows Line Mail. All of this and still the error.

The issue is local to this laptop. I created the account on another PC on my network and it did fine on sending and receiving. Also, as mentioned, the online web interfaces for all three accounts do just fine.

Hope someone has the fix and thanks to all!


This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

couple things to try....

by ---TK--- In reply to Windows Live Mail Error: ...

I would grab Spybot S&D, update it, run a full scan, and immunize. Run a full chkdsk... click start button --> run command --> chkdsk C: /F /R ... and last update to SP3 if you have yet to do so.... I am assuming this is XP...

If spybot picks up SmithFraud (any version) of the virus I would back up your files, and reinstall Windows...

Collapse -


by droberts1019 In reply to couple things to try....

Ok, I solved it on my own, finally!

I looked thru and received numerious post and emails about what to do, but finally it was s fluke that solved it!

I was recreating, again, the email accounts and I forgot to check the "The server requires a secure connection box (SSL)", on both the pop and smtp for one of my three accounts. But this caused it to work. I did the same to the other two accounts and it worked!

Thing is, ATT Yahoo states it has to be done with SSL to work, and had up to that time about a week ago, but now it is the opposite it seems!

Hope this helps others.

Related Discussions

Related Forums