General discussion

Windows Office Preium Office 2000

By afsmart ·
I resently loaded Office Preium 2000 on to my NEC Ready 99, OS Windows 98SE. Excell, Access, and Outlook loaded. Powerpoint, I can pull up the templates but could not insert clipard for the CD or from the C:Drive. Word would not update, only the icon would update. Hitting the Start/New Office Document it would not give me access to the Office templates. Error message basically says wrong path.
I discovered the the NEC placed Word and Clipart in a user recovery program seperated for the Office Suite. So I'm running Office 97 in Word and Office 2000 in Excell, Access and Outlook Powerpoint 50/50% Is there any way to fix this?????

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to Windows Office Preium Off ...

Was this an upgrade from Office 97? Removing office 97 before Installing Office 2000 is recommended, in fact Microsoft makes an Office 97 Eraser to get rid of that bad boy. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 176823
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q176823

Try Uninstalling Office 2000 and then use this eraser to get rid of all of Office 97, then re-install. If it is an upgradse version it may ask for the Office 97 cd, but I doubt it.

Collapse -

by afsmart In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by afsmart In reply to Windows Office Preium Off ...

Thanks for your assistance. I have done the standard Remove Office 97 and Install the Office 2k with the same error message on Word. I can see in the C:Programs/Microsoft Office the new
Office 2k but the Word is giving me the same error message "path not found". The Recovery program is holding on to the Word program (as you know the word program is the core of the Office Suite) and will not remove it, update it or update the Clipart. I dont want to mess with the recovery program because of what it maybe link to other programs. My most important Client (my wife) is waiting patiently for me to fix this. HELP????

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums