Question

Windows SBS 2003 R2: Continue Setup stops at Monitoring

By kevin ·
Hi all, I hope this is in the right place;

I've been searching for a cause, and solution, for this for over a week now and am not making any headway.

While doing an install for SBS2003 R2, I've run tino an issue when I launch the 'Continue Setup'. Setup continues fine until I get about 75-80% through the routine, >Server Application Install
>>Server Tools
>>>Monitoring.

it simply stalls out. The program doesn't hang per se, but I also am unable to cancel the operation at that point. Killing the process does not allow me to re run the Continue Setup again, indicating it is an 'OEM Copy and cannot be upgraded'

Reformatting and reinstalling produces the same result each time at the same place.

If anyone has any guidance, I would be most grateful at this point.

Thanks,
Kevin

[edited: Spelling Errors]

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Get yourself a copy of the

by OH Smeg In reply to Windows SBS 2003 R2: Cont ...

Ultimate Boot CD

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

And test the RAM, CPU to see if there are any issues cropping up there.

Col

Collapse -

UBCD

by kevin In reply to Get yourself a copy of th ...

Thanks Col, I'll give it a whirl. Prime95 and Memtest86 and CPU Burn in ran flawlessly, but I will give this a spin first.

The base install has been stable and zero issues, it just wont progress beyond Monitoring'.

Collapse -

Only other thing I can think of then

by OH Smeg In reply to UBCD

Is to make sure that you have sufficient System Resources to run the added features.

You could be encountering something like a Memory Leak which is causing this to occur.

Col

Collapse -

Issue Resolved

by kevin In reply to Windows SBS 2003 R2: Cont ...

Issue resolved, thanks for the feed back and suggestions.

Everything checked out fine, so I retraced my steps and after some extensive testing, it turns out my hardware cofniguration, for reasons I can't explain yet, did not like 4 modules of RAM installed when using a 2 disk RAID 1.

3 Modules w/RAID= Fine
4 Modules no RAID= Fine
4 Modules + RAID= Repeat Error, multiple times.

Thanks again for all the assistance folks.
Kevin

Collapse -

Your Welcome

by OH Smeg In reply to Issue Resolved

I just wish I could even begin to guess what is happening here though but I can not think of anything.

Col

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)