Question

Windows SBS 2003 R2, need old admin's email

By Wheezey ·
I've just recently come int the control of the mentioned server. I've stripped the user in AD of admin rights, but I need to receive the emails that are being been sent to this account.

I can't establish two exhange accounts in my outlook, so I was wanting to accomplish this on the server. Is there a place to put on a forward?

I tried removing this user's email address configuration from the user, and placing it in mine, but not getting very far.

-Wheezey

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

and you would load up Outlook on the server?

by CG IT In reply to Windows SBS 2003 R2, need ...

why didn't you simply change the password of the AD account?

then just log in using that password? that profile will load along with emails?

heck delegate yourself as a delegate to that mailbox, will show up in your outlook.

Collapse -

Delegation?

by Wheezey In reply to and you would load up Out ...

I had changed the previous admin's password and loaded his email in outlook, but I don't want to log in to that account just to check emails. Thanks for the tip though!

Now when you say delegate myself to that mailbox... I'm not familiar with how that works. I had gone into the properties of that user and looked at the exchange email settings (where it shows X400, smtp, etc) but didn't see anything about delegation. I'm fine with creating a basic email address on the server- with no user, and having that email forwarded to my email address.

Thanks for the help and the patience with me :)

Collapse -

from a desktop log on using the users name and password

by CG IT In reply to Delegation?

in this case the old admin.

open up outlook and follow the directions below to make your account a delegate to view mailbox content of the old admin's account.

Note: the instructions below are for the calendar but are the same for inbox. instead of calendar, use inbox.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6120092.html

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)