Question

Windows SBS 2003 vs Windows Server 2003 Standard

By jshoemaker21 ·
Windows SBS 2003 vs Windows Server 2003 Standard

I can not find a breakdown of the deifferences anywhere. Does anyone know where to find one? I'm assuming SBS 2003 is Windows Server 2003 with less functionality?.... I just want to know the differences. THanks a bunch.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Way off the mark...

by techrep In reply to Windows SBS 2003 vs Windo ...

SBS2003 Standard is Server 2003, Exchange 2003, is designed for a non-IT to administer, is mostly wizard driven ('cos it breaks almost all 'best practices'. It's crippled to 75 users, no trusts, SBS box must hold all FMSO roles...see http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/evaluation/features/default.mspx

regards...

Collapse -

Oh

by jshoemaker21 In reply to Way off the mark...

So it it doenst offer the same wizards and ways to customize Server 2003 Standard?? It's done differently?

Collapse -

The same....but different :)

by techrep In reply to Oh

Same MMCs as found in Standard but the Wizards make standard tasks easier...when you add a user in ADUC you then have to create a mailbox, add to various groups, add to dist lists etc etc. The new user wizard kinda bundles things together - even grant access to the builtin Sharepoint site.

Suggest you look at the MS SBS 2003 R2 site - documentation is fairly comprehensive and explains the restrictions and benefits much better than I can...

Collapse -

Thanks, but is there any documentation

by jshoemaker21 In reply to The same....but different ...

Thanks, but is there any documentation that actually compares the two side by side?

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)