General discussion

Windows server 2003 activation?

By IT_crazy ·
I would like to install Windows server 2003 on a couple of old servers that are not in use by the company anymore. I want to be able to play around with server 2003 before we go live with it. We are currently using server 2000. Microsoft has a 30 day usage clause if you don't register or activate the software. Is there any way around this or do I have to call Microsoft? These two old servers are not part of our domain and will not have access to anything else but each other and one other pc.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Toivo Talikka In reply to Windows server 2003 activ ...

If you need to try things and play around with the server installation, you can download an evaluation version which needs to be activated but it is valid for 6 months:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Windows server 2003 activ ...

The above is correct MS make available Trial Versions of their Server OS's which they call Time Bombs but the fun starts here as there are two versions available one is the conventional 32 BIT version and they have a 64 BIT version available so if you want to test out some new hardware that is 64 BIT compatible you have that option as well.

The both versions are available from MS here if you wish to have a play

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/privacy.mspx

Col

Collapse -

Activation

by KenITA In reply to Windows server 2003 activ ...

Run --> Regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
MICROSOFT
WINDOWS NT
CURRENT VERSION
WPAEvents (right click on it)
authorizations, click on system and put 2 tickets in the box on the right (next to complete control and in reading)

Now restart ur pc and it might work

sry for my bad english

Collapse -

???

by TerryOdom In reply to Activation

What? Followed this and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)