Question

• Creator
    Topic

Windows Server 2003 Backup

by rgnnetworking ·

I have Windows Backup scheduled to run daily, a mixture of daily and incremental backups. I’ve noticed when server 2003 is logged off, the scheduled backup does not run.

Does anyone know a fix for this so that when server 2003 is logged off, the built-in backup program will run automatically?

Thanks!

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by rgnnetworking ·

In reply to Windows Server 2003 Backup

Clarifications

MESSAGE DELETED

by formerly callpete.com ·

MESSAGE DELETED

User account

by drrnserious ·

While I understand what you are requesting.. There are are a few assumptions that I have to make that are not specified.
      I am assuming that when you say “logged off”, you mean that you, as an administrator, have logged off from the Server.
      I also assume that you are using Scheduled Tasks to run your backup.
      If this is the case then you need to change your account within the task scheduler (via control panel)…. Open up your particular backup scheduled task.
      You will need to change the account to NTAuthority/System. Do this by opening up the Scheduled Task, make a small change to the script eg add a dot character and then delete that same dot character.
      Click APPLY…This will “trigger” the Task Scheduler to “Set Account Information”
      Type in SYSTEM in the “run as” menu box
      leave the password menu box totally blank (don’t put any password in)..
      Click OK / OK
      This converts the task to run as NT Authority / System.
      This will run the scheduled task using the inbuilt system authority and will run regardless if anyone is logged off or on.

Viewing 2 reply threads