Question

Windows Server 2003 Group Policies don't work. HELP!

By lfmasieri ·
I have tried everything but the policies dont apply, I give the policy to a user by the name Josh and when I go to another PC and logon as Josh it won't apply the policies I putted on the Server... I'm running this server on Virtual PC 2007 and I don't know if this is the problem but I dont think so. I have refreshed the GP GPUpdate and dont work. I have also applied the policies to the admin and it wont apply. I created the GPO, modify it and then created a new organizatiobnal unit and then I linked the GPO I created, after that I added the user and clicked on enforce policy, but still dont work, I reseted the Domain and still dont work.

UPDATE: I realized that if I link the GPO directluy to my domain it works, but if I link it to a new organizational unit, it wont work. Also, If i post the restriction for admin it work on the server but if I logon on another pc it doesn't apply

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I Have The Same problem!

by james123woolmer In reply to Windows Server 2003 Group ...

help me to............

Collapse -

Layout

by retro77 In reply to Windows Server 2003 Group ...

Is the GPO applied to the OU that the user is in? What are you using to edit/create the GPO? I recommend MS free utility: GPMC found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default.mspx

Are your clients XP? Got to the client PC, go to help, click on support on the toolbar, the lower left go to advanced system information, click on view group policy settings. Is the GPO in question there?

You can also go to the command prompt and run gpresult to see the same info. Pipe it to a text file:
gpresult > c:\gpos.txt

edit: is the GPO machine based or user based? They have to be linked to the OU that the PC is in if its machine based.

Collapse -

You may need to reset your server

by james123woolmer In reply to Windows Server 2003 Group ...

when you run the manage server wizard, select setting for 1st server, then wen you restart the server make you policys as you would normany, it should work

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)