Question

Windows Server 2003 service pack 2

By demonjrules ·
How long typically does service pack 2 for server 2003 take to install? I have been sitting at my desk watching a little blue progress bar standing still like a cow when he sees an oncoming train. Also if I end up restarting the machine where can i find the msi, or executable file to start the process over again because I really dont want to have to download service pack dos again, another 48 minutes wasted of my life.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Not really sure

by Jacky Howe In reply to Windows Server 2003 servi ...

but this may speed it up.

Disable your antivirus software. If you are not connected to a network or the Internet and you want to minimize the installation time, you can disable your antivirus software. The time that it takes for the antivirus software to scan each file can add significant time to the installation (an hour or more on slower computers). Be sure to enable the antivirus software after you install SP2.

Collapse -

Win2K3 SP2 install

by Joanne Lowery In reply to Windows Server 2003 servi ...

The install time depends on a lot of factors, RAM CPU speed Disk speed etc.
How did you get the SP2 download, via WU or by download off the MS website? If you got the SP via Windows Update then you will find it in the windows\software Distribution\download folder somewhere. Hover over the folders and look for the really large folder size. The folder substructure will have an Update folder inside it.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)