Question

Windows Server 2008 backup recovery problem

By stergios_nik ·
Hello All.

I backed up specific folders from a Windows Server 2008 on my external usb disk. The backup tool created a "Windows Image Backup" folder that contains the data.

Now, I connected the external usb disk to another Windows Server 2008. I shared the "Windows Image Backup" folder and tried to recover the backup data using the "Shared Folder" option of the Windows Server 2008 backup tool but the software displays the following message:

"The specified remote shared folder does not contain any backup. Provide the path to a remote shared folder that contains backups."

Inside the "Windows Image Backup" folder there are some other folders. So, tried them also in the UNC path but the same error message.

Any ideas what is causing the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Stergios

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Windows backup is a pain

by robo_dev In reply to Windows Server 2008 backu ...

You have to give the path to the parent folder of WindowsImageBackup folder.

E.g.: \\computer\share The <share> directory contains WindowsImageBackup folder.

So where f is the share name of the newly shared entire volume F: that contains F:\WindowsImageBackup

Collapse -

Solved

by stergios_nik In reply to Windows Server 2008 backu ...

Hello.

I created the \\computer\share and inside it I copied the "WindowsImageBackup" folder.

Now in the backup tool when I point to \\computer\share then it automatically detects the backup data.

Thanks. That solved the problem.

Stergios

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums