General discussion

Windows Update Error 0X80070005

By eraser3498 ·
I've recently been receiving this error when trying to preform windows updates as a local admin on various computer in our network windows update verison 4 seems to work still by going throug the windows catalog option but verision 6 will not install and gives the error message. I'v checked the folder permission and group poilcy everything seems to be in order. Does anyone have any ideas on how fix this issue. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Winterfrost In reply to Windows Update Error 0X8 ...

0x80007005 is "Access Denied." It is likely a permission problem either to a registry key or a folder. As you are using the local admin account, it's possible that some permissions got screwed up (likely registry permissions), or that a folder or key is missing. One suggestion is here: http://myitforum.techtarget.com/articles/20/view.asp?id=7121. Another suggestion would be to get regmon and filemon (both freeware) from here: http://www.sysinternals.com/ProcessesAndThreadsUtilities.html. If you run them while trying to access Windows Update, they will monitor all attempts to access the file system or registry. Watch for the "access denied" messages to figure out what it's looking for.

Collapse -

by eraser3498 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to Windows Update Error 0X8 ...

Hi

I had a similar problem, except none of the updates would install. My solution was to disable Group Policy, after which the updates installed. I still have no idea what setting in GP is stopping this. Have you tried disabling GP and then try to install V6?. If you discover a solution to this I would be very interested in hearing it.

Good luck

Collapse -

by eraser3498 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by eraser3498 In reply to Windows Update Error 0X8 ...

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

same problem

by zhenglanzheng In reply to Windows Update Error 0X8 ...

i have the same problem too, yes im an admin because its my computer. so i did system restore because i tried to reinstall a game which i deleted, i system restored because it didn't install, and i assumed that it was my computer, which i still think it is. so i system restore my computer(not in safe mode) and then my game was back, but then it didn't run. then i deleted it and tried to install it but it still give me the same problem. so i deleted ijji reactor, the source of the game opener, and tried to reinstall it. but i couldn't, because guess what? the code popped up. -5006:0X80070005

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)