General discussion

Windows XP/2000 and LCD Flat Sceen

By Keith G ·
Has anyone had problems with XP/2000 booting for the first time after the install on a LCD flat screen. I can boot after setup on an older CRT and then after shutting back down and changing to the LCD it works. The only thing i can think of the the inital video settings within the OS. i have tried to boot into safe mode and had the same problem. Any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by an_it_guy In reply to Windows XP/2000 and LCD F ...

Change the display resolution to a lesser value and try to restart with your LCD screen connected. Once the display is ON with that, change the display resolution slowly to the value you want. Also, you can try changing the refresh frequency, since these two factors work hand-in-hand for display settings.
Cheers

Collapse -

by Alpha-Male In reply to Windows XP/2000 and LCD F ...

Try booting into VGA (safe) mode. If it works alright, you probably have a resolution or refresh setting that is causing problems on the LCD. Set it to something basic (640x480 60hz for example) and reboot. Then work with the settings to get what you want.

Good luck! Hope this helps....

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Windows XP/2000 and LCD F ...

download and install the inf file ('driver') for the lcd monitor?
have had no problems with lcd screen on XP. what is the brand.
i wouldn't fool with the refresh rate unless i had the monitor specs in hand...

Collapse -

by Keith G In reply to Windows XP/2000 and LCD F ...

The LCD is a Viewsonic. I have tried to boot into safemode, but it was unsuccessful. As far as the drivers go, I can't even get into Windows to change the drivers. I don't not know how or even if I can change any settings on the monitor itself that will help this.

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)