General discussion

windows98/windows2000

By walterjorge ·
Since I install Windows 2000 on my computer, I have had just problems with it. I keep the windows 98 but now my disk is formatted as NTFS and I cannot use my windows 98 anymore. How I can format my disk again and start over, with FAT32 to both? How I can create space (FAT32) to my Windows 98? I did try to repair it, but with no results. Can you help me?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

windows98/windows2000

by tjc In reply to windows98/windows2000

My suggestion is to install partition magic, and then using it make up a fat32 partition and then copy your windows 98 that is on the ntfs to it and then make it the active partition. this way you have a dual booting system. you can then use partition magic to swap back and forth between the partitions and reboot to 2000 and back to 98 as you need to.

Collapse -

windows98/windows2000

by walterjorge In reply to windows98/windows2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

windows98/windows2000

by PhiltheGreat In reply to windows98/windows2000

I assume you need to dual boot in the same computer; if not; don't do it. It is not good.

1) Copy all the data files to a backup CD.
2) Use some software to make partitions in the harddisk; e.g. C & D.
3) Install Win98 in C;
4) Install win2000but don't format the C disk with NTFS format; format only the D disk.
5) Choose the dual options when you install the win2000. and set the menu to choose between win98 or win2000 each time you boot up your computer.

Notes:
The data in your win98 which has been formated to NTFS is NOT recoverable as I know. So don't waste time to copy it back to the new disk. They don't communciate like a Chinese speaking person talks with an italian person in African languages!

Collapse -

windows98/windows2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

windows98/windows2000

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums