General discussion

winserver 2003 ent 32/64 bit editions

By michael ·
I am trying to purchase a windows server 2003 enterprise. I need the 32bit edition because my hardware is 32 bit. The software vendor does not know if the win2k3 server software he is selling is the 32bit or 64bit edition. Can someone help on how to tell what edition the cd is. It does not say on the box. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to winserver 2003 ent 32/64 ...

Windows 2003 x64 is still under development , so your vendor will still be selling 32 bit versions.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/x64/default.mspx

Collapse -

If he won't open the package, don't buy it from him!

by Thmiuatga In reply to winserver 2003 ent 32/64 ...

the version of the OS should be printed on the box. Sounds a little suspicious to me. I purchased mine from Tiger Direct, and it was packaged inside a cushioned mailer with Microsoft nomenclature on the outside. The product subscription on my mailer says:

Windows XP Pro X64 Ed SP2b

The vendor should know about the product he's selling. There's no excuse for this. If there is no Microsoft labeling and OEM builders license print on that package, he needs to open that box and inspect the contents and you should not buy it till the contents are verified.

If he opens the box the CD should be packaged inside a clear plastic case (mine is) with a blue insert with the Microsoft nomenclature and on the back side of that should be the OEM Product key sticker.

But that package needs to be opened by him and the OS verified. If he won't do it, buy it from somewhere else. I suggest Tiger Direct and their price is $139.00

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)