General discussion

winxp error code0x80090019

By vriesyi2005 ·
after filling in my password to open windows i get a message saying a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer error code 0x80090019. I was using pc mightymax, just doing some regular maintenance,since it just the demo version all i did was stops 4 services i thought i did't need, type32 being one, not sure of the others, don't know what to do in safe mode, restore is turn ed off, can't use the recovery console forgot misplaced the master passwords, my windows cd must be damage,will not run setup because of corrupt acpi.sys file, aclui.dll among others.what can i do at this point am using a previous harddrive.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by vriesyi2005 In reply to winxp error code0x8009001 ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by pctechmike In reply to winxp error code0x8009001 ...

If you could get your hands onto an OEM disc, you could run a repair on your existing installation (It would work with your COA). Take the HD out, and save the info that's on it to discs or another HD. You will have to load almost everything back. Only other option at this point is a program to change the password on the Admin account. Try using Knoppix (I haven't seen it for myself, but I heard you could change the Admin pw with it!) Chances are the admin account won't work either. The best option is trying the repair, or reload with another disc.

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)