wireless question

By laurasalame ·
I a new to wireless stuff and I have a question. I have a D-Link wireless router, cable internet and a desktop. I want to move my computer to a room that doesn't have a cable internet jack and wanted to know what I need to buy to make my desktop use the wireless connection. Right now the router is hooked to my computer, works fine and my wifi thing that I have works fine too... I just want my desktop downstairs and all the router and cable modem upstairs (where my connection is).

Thank you!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Wireless Network

by Balbir In reply to wireless question

As you already have a wireless router, you need to purchase a wireless Network Interface Card(NIC) This can be a PCI card or a USB. If you are not confident of opening the desktop PC, i suggest you get a USB card. The instructions to set it up are fairrly straight forward.
Good Luck,

Related Discussions

Related Forums