General discussion

Word 2000

By dave.raj ·
The problem I have with Word 2000 is with one of the documents that I have created. I created the document in word 97 and had copied an excel spreadsheet in to a text box. Now it looks all fine on Word 97 but when I view the document in Word 2000, it looks all messed up. I.E the excel spreadsheet is a list of 15 tasks. On Word 97 you can see all of the tasks but when I view it in Word 2000 I can only see the first line. I have tried almost everything and I am going loopy now. Please help someone
One of the solutions I was given was to format the layout of the text box and use option:- in line with text but for some reason this option is shaded grey and I can't choose it. Do I need to install anything or can someone give me solution of howthis provlem can be fixed? Please help someone, I can email the document to anyone to see where i am comin from.
Thanks
Dave

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Word 2000

by dave.osborne In reply to Word 2000

Try here ...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211977

Remeber to remove spaces.

-Dave

Collapse -

Word 2000

by dave.osborne In reply to Word 2000

REMEMBER not remeber

Collapse -

Word 2000

by dave.raj In reply to Word 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Word 2000

by kees.valkenswaard In reply to Word 2000

You may send me a file at my e-mail address. Put Q&A as part of the subject line, else the message will be deleted.
I tried to prepare a document with an Excel sheet in a text box in Word 97 and opened it in Word 2000 without any problem. However, in Word XP I had to set the background colour of the Excel object to white in order to get rid of that funny grey shade.
See your file soon? Good luck.

Collapse -

Word 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Word 2000

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

Word 2000

by bmcafee In reply to Word 2000

This is the work around for your problem. Open the document in Word 2000. Click on the one visible row in the text box. From the menu, click Table->Select-Table. Then from the menu, click Table->convert->table to text. Accept defaults. While itis still highlighted you may be able to convert it back to a table using the menu,click Table->convert->text to table. This worked once for me but it did not work a second time. Otherwise you will need to create a new table in Word 2000. You can copy and paste the text to save time. Word 97 will be able to see it.

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)