General discussion

Word 2000 attachments unreadable

By TheStudent ·
I have Outlook 2000, Word 2000, Norton Antivirus and DSL through BellSouth.net. When I attach a Word 2000 file and send it to others not on the BellSouth.net network, they cannot read the file. If I send the attachment using another email program like Hotmail then they can read the Word 2000 file (thus it is not the file). Also, one of my friends (who is also on the BellSouth.net) can read the file and we have even accomplished advanced techniques such as editing and reviewing the document online.

I can read attachments that anyone sends in Word.

Help !

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by JimBb In reply to Word 2000 attachments unr ...

Sounds like an encoding problem. If your friends who cannot read the attachment save the entire mail (from the source, not just copy from within their mail client) in a text file and save it with a .UUE extension, can they open it with Winzip and save the separate parts? There should be a "text" part (your mail), and an unknown thing, which is your Word document. If after that they can read the Word document, it definitely is that.
In that case you could try to use another encoding in Outlook - Tools|Options|Internet E-Mail.

Good luck.

Jim

Collapse -

by TheStudent In reply to Word 2000 attachments unr ...

Sorry, this didn't solve the problem.

Collapse -

by kmerrillt In reply to Word 2000 attachments unr ...

Try this: In outlook 2000 go to Tools\Options\MailDelivery. Set "Send this mail as" to text. Same area, Settings\select MIME with no encoding.

Collapse -

Sorry, this didn't solve the problem.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)