General discussion

Word 2000 .dot errors

By M.R.Chambers ·
I have a client with Word 2000. She uses the AutoCorrect function to add common addresses to documents. She can add these addresses to the AutoCorrect list without any problems, and they work fine.

The problem occurs when she tries to exit Word (not the file she's in, that works OK, too). When she tries to close Word2000 completely, an error message appears saying that the Normal.dot template is full, and so she cannot save her autocorrect entries. This only occurs when adds new entries to the autocorrect function.

I have completely reinstalled Word2000 and MSOffice, and have made sure that the normal.dot file was replaced as well, but the problem still occurs.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
M.R.Chambers

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Word 2000 .dot errors

by stevendun In reply to Word 2000 .dot errors

Search for normal.dot and delete it. Its the template that opens with word...reinstalling doesn't actually replace this file so you have to manually remove it. Next time Word opens it will replace the missing file.

Collapse -

Word 2000 .dot errors

by M.R.Chambers In reply to Word 2000 .dot errors

Yep, already did that, and it worked once (I put in a single dummy entry and it worked fine, but when the client tried again the next day, the same old problem occurred). Thanks anyway.

Collapse -

Word 2000 .dot errors

by M.R.Chambers In reply to Word 2000 .dot errors

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)